- Departs from:
- Geelong Community Nursery - cnr Swanston St and Barwon Terrace, South Geelong
- Departure time:
The diversity of the Barwon and Moorabool Rivers is heavily under threat by noxious weeds such as Cape Broom, African Boxthorn and English Ivy.
Join us, and help reduce the threat of the invasive weed species that occur on these important Geelong waterways.
We will provide transport from South Geelong each day, departing at 8.00am and returning around 4pm. Or if you live local you can meet on-site by prior arrangement.
What to wear:
- Long pants and long sleeved shirt
- Sturdy, enclosed shoes
What to bring:
- Lunch and bottle of water
- Broad brimmed hat and wet weather gear (if needed)
What is provided:
- Tools and safety equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, sunscreen etc
- Tea, Coffee and Biscuits are provided each day
- Pick up and drop off as detailed above
Bookings are required: click "Book Now" or for more information contact our Geelong office on (03) 5221 0300 or email@example.com
Join this project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Geelong office on +613 5221 0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org