Captains Flat, NSW
- Departs from:
- There are two pick up points. The first is at our office at 91/89 Tennant Street in Fyshwick at 7:40am. The second is outside the YHA on Akuna Street in the city at 8:00am.
- Departure time:
- 7:40 or 8am
We will be helping to construct and maintain tracks in the Tallaganda State Forest. These tracks will make the Tallaganda State Forest more accessible, allowing keen bushwalkers to experience the Forest, and minimise impacts of multiple informal trails.
By constructing new walking tracks in the Forest we will be helping visitors to enjoy the different types of vegetation and have a go at spotting the animals and birds that live there.
There’s a diverse range of forest types in the area, including moist forest, dry forest, and smaller amounts of low open forest. The Forest is home to a variety of native animals including echidnas, spotted –tail quolls, sugar gliders, and flame robins.
We will also be doing some weeding, pruning, and building to maintain pre-existing tracks.
What you can expect:
- being in the great outdoors with nice people
- Building something of value
- Walking beautiful forests
- Being involved in a unique and exciting opportunity to build a bush walking track
- Recognition of your efforts
- High level of fitness
- Experience getting out in the bush, e.g. bushwalking, mountain biking camping etc.
- Strong work ethic and desire to get stuck in to some tough and rewarding activity
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Fyshwick office on +612 6247 7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org