La Perouse, NSW 2036
- Departs from:
- 8.00am Central Stn, Outside Countrylink entrance, near taxi rank. 9.00am Cann Park, 1532R Anzac Parade, La Perouse NSW 2036. Meeting point entrance to Congwong Beach. Park along Anzac Parade.
- Departure time:
Held annually in spring, Bushcare’s Big Day Out is a national day of community participation to restore remnant bushland. This year CVA has partnered with Sydney Airport to help us as we conduct sand dune rehabilitation works at Congwong Beach.
The area is a place of significance for traditional land owners the Gweagal and Kameygal with important cultural sites located within the park. A beautiful part of Botany Bay, favoured by scuba divers, snorkelers, families, travellers and residents alike. The focus of the Congwong Beach sand dunes restoration project is removal of Bitou bush and other invasive species from the dunes, to rehabilitate and re-establish the native vegetation. Sand dunes are vital in protecting the coast line, not only do they provide a suitable habitat to many species, they act as a buffer against significant weather events, making this project of vital importance.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how and safety info on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out. (Just ask your Team Leader on the day!)
Join this project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Centennial Park office on +612 9331 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org