Vaucluse, NSW 2030
- Departs from:
- 8:00am at Central Station, Outside Countrylink entrance, near taxi rank. Nielsen Park Kiosk, 9:00am at Greycliffe Avenue Vaucluse NSW 2030
- Departure time:
Nielsen Park in Sydney’s eastern suburbs is home to one of the rarest tress of Sydney. In fact, it’s only known location is in Neilson Park itself, which runs alongside the heritage listed Greycliffe house and borders the iconic Sydney Harbour and Shark Beach. Working in conjunction with National Parks and Wildlife, we are helping to reduce the number of threats this unique plant faces. This includes undertaking various measures to reduce weed invasion in the area, habitat restoration, monitoring of the site and importantly preparing the area for controlled ecological burns.
Not only will you be helping to save and enhance this rare species, you will be doing so in a stunning location in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. No prior experience is needed, just your willingness to use some elbow grease, meet some great new people and help save an iconic part of Sydney’s natural history for future generations.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how and safety info on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out.
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org