Ramsgate Beach, NSW
- Departs from:
- 8:30am - Central Train Station, Grand Concourse Entrance, near Platform 1 & Taxi Rank. 9:00am - Meeting at the corner of Hawthorne St and Florence St, Ramsgate Beach
- Departure time:
- 8:30am OR 9:00am
*** PLEASE NOTE: If there is 1 vacancy remaining on the project, and you are having trouble booking on, OR, if the project appears fully booked, but you can make your own way to and from the worksite, please contact us at email@example.com to finalise your booking. Thanks! ***
Rockdale Wetlands run from the Cooks River to Sans Souci and have been identified as critically important habitat for the local declining flora and fauna species.
The corridor is surprisingly home to key fish breeding habitat, 7 Endangered Ecological Communities and 28 fauna species listed as threatened or migratory in the area. The parklands also attract birdwatchers and nature study groups while also supporting a range of other recreational activities with extensive cycling tracks, sporting fields, tennis courts and playgrounds used by the community.
We can't wait to show you what's been hiding in plain sight this whole time!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- Don't worry, no previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out.
Join this project
29th January 2020
Note: This project is fully booked.
Surveys, Guided Bushwalk, Training, Weed Removal
More information »
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org