Hunters Hill, NSW
- Departs from:
- 8:00am at Central Station, Outside Countrylink entrance, near taxi rank. 9:00am at Buffalo Creek Reserve Playground Car Park. Limited parking available, parking fees may apply.
- Departure time:
Come and spend the day volunteering at Sugarloaf Point Reserve, part of the picturesque Lane Cove National Park. Although this site has been highly degraded in the past due to the impacts of urbanization and sand mining, we are working hard to restore Sugarloaf Point Reserve back to its former glory!
Listen to the sounds of the Lane Cove River flowing past as you learn about the incredible plants and animals that call Sugarloaf Point Reserve their home. You may even get to wave hello to some of the Semaphore Crabs that live in amongst the mangroves!
With the support of Ingham's, Conservation Volunteers has been working at Sugarloaf Point Reserve to remove exotic plant species and litter in order to improve the bushland directly adjacent to the Lane Cove River. Healthy bushland areas mean healthy waterways, so come along and join us to help improve our local bushland and rivers!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- Don't worry, no previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org