- Departs from:
- Strahan Beach Tourist Park. Beach St Strahan outside reception.
- Departure time:
- To be confirmed
Come to Macquarie Harbour on Tasmania's rugged west coast, the home of the iconic Gordon River and an area with a rich and dramatic convict past.
The CVA team will be assisting the community to collect and sort marine debris from the beaches, rivers and rocks around Macquarie Harbour. This is a huge project and will operate in conjunction with local businesses, various volunteer groups, Parks Tasmania and local community organisations. All of the debris will be sorted and documented in order to assess its origin which will in turn help with future debris management.
Enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the wild west of Tasmania. We will be based at Strahan with accommodation and food provided. Transport to and from Launceston and Hobart will also be available but please get in touch for details.
April 6th and April 12th are predominantly travel days.
What to wear while volunteering:
- Long pants and long sleeved shirt
- Sturdy enclosed shoes
Broad brimmed hat and wet weather gear.
What is provided:
- We have some cabin accommodation and free camping available.
- Breakfast lunch and dinner
- Tools and safety equipment such as rubbish tongs, gloves, safety glasses, sunscreen etc
- Please contact us regarding pick up and drop off via Launceston and Hobart on first and last days and any partial bookings
- Also please contact us regarding food and accommodation/camping arrangements and any gear you may need to loan.
Bookings are required: click "Book Now" or for more information contact our Launceston office on (03) 6334 9985 or email@example.com
Join this project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Launceston office on 0428 533 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org