Londonderry, 2753, NSW
- Departs from:
- 8:30am at Penrith Train Station (North side, by the Multi-storey carpark), 9:00am at Londonderry Reserve (119-133 Bowman Road, Londonderry).
- Departure time:
- 8:30am to 9:00am
*** PLEASE NOTE: If there is 1 vacancy remaining on the project, and you are having trouble booking on, OR, if the project appears fully booked, but you can make your own way to and from the worksite, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to finalise your booking. Thanks! ***
The Londonderry Woodland Reserve is a vital remnant of the critically endangered Cumberland Plain Woodland! It is very special because it is one of the only remnant areas that contains mature native vegetation and large trees, which provide habitat for local wildlife. Rickaby’s Creek also runs through the reserve which provides a migration corridor for wildlife, as it links pockets of Cumberland Plain Woodland from the north-east to its termination at the Wianamatta Nature Reserve in the south-east. Conservation Volunteers Australia are working to maintain and improve the values of the reserve by providing local communities the opportunity to connect and contribute to the area.
So come along to not only learn about the flora and fauna of the Cumberland Plain but also protect and conserve this precious area. Volunteers will engage in bush regeneration activities, weed removal, watering newly planted endangered plant species, flora and fauna surveys, habitat improvements, bird watching and water quality monitoring.
Visiting the reserve lets you have the closest experience to what the Cumberland Plain looked like before European settlement, so pack a good lunch and have a picnic amongst the trees!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Penrith Station for each project
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- Dont worry, no previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out
- The project day will finish at 2:30pm on site.
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email email@example.com