- Departs from:
- 8.00am Central Train Station, outside Countrylink terminal entrance, near taxi rank. 9.00am on site - Kurnell Visitor Centre, off Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231.
- Departure time:
Sheer sandstone cliffs dominate the park's dramatic coastline, making for a beautiful view. Our site marks the actual landing spot of the first British explorers to Australian shores and the first "meeting place" between them and the local Dharawal people in 1770. Volunteers will engage in conservation activities within the heritage listed area to revitalise the original habitat as surveyed by Captain Cook`s botanists. Tasks will include weeding large areas of invasive species for future planting activities.
During the winter months, migrating whales are regularly seen making their northerly voyage and may again be spotted heading south in the Spring. The Kurnell peninsula supports a number of endangered species such as the Little Tern. We cant wait to see you out there!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email email@example.com