- Departs from:
- 8:00am - Pick up from Fairfield Train Station, Dale St exit near the Kiss and Ride 8:30am - Meet on site at Nalawala Community Hall, Moonlight Rd, Prairiewood (near Fairfield Showground)
- Departure time:
- 8:00am OR 8:30am
*** PLEASE NOTE: If there is 1 vacancy remaining on the project, and you are having trouble booking on, OR, if the project appears fully booked, but you can make your own way to and from the worksite, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to finalise your booking. Thanks! ***
In partnership with Fairfield City Council, we are taking part in an exciting project to conserve a critically endangered ecological community - the Cumberland Plain Woodland. This ecological community, once widespread throughout Western Sydney, has been heavily impacted by urbanisation, with only 9% of its original extent remaining within NSW. Patches of Cumberland Plain Woodland found around the Fairfield area are often small and separated from each other. These small and isolated patches are therefore extremely susceptible to the effects of urbanisation (e.g. invasion by non-native plants and human disturbance, etc.).
As part of this project, you will have the opportunity to work at Fairfield Community Nursery in a range of different activities. You will be able to propagate and grow a diverse collection of Cumberland Woodland Plain species from seed, and to revegetate a degraded patch of Cumberland Plain Woodland bushland near the Nursery. Learn practical nursery skills and planting techniques from our ecologists and the staff at Fairfield Community Nursery, while immersing yourself in this special ecological community.
Would you like the opportunity to take this threatened ecological community from ‘seed to seedlings to ecological sanctuary’? Sign up for a project today!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Fairfield Station for each project
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- Don't worry, no previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out.
- The project will finish at approx. 1pm on-site
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email email@example.com