La Perouse, NSW 2036
- Departs from:
- PICK-UP 8.00am - Central Station, Outside Countrylink entrance (platform 1) near taxi rank. ON-SITE 9.00am Cromwell Park (North), 245 Franklin Street, Malabar. Meeting point Franklin Street Car park.
- Departure time:
Come join us as we conduct sand dune rehabilitation works at Congwong Beach. The area is a place of significance for traditional land owners the Gweagal and Kameygal with important cultural sites located within the park. A beautiful part of Botany Bay, favoured by scuba divers, snorkelers, families, travellers and residents alike. The focus of the Congwong Beach sand dunes restoration project is removal of Bitou bush and other invasive species from the dunes, to rehabilitate and re-establish the native vegetation. Sand dunes are vital in protecting the coast line, not only do they provide a suitable habitat to many species, they act as a buffer against significant weather events, making this project of vital importance.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out
Join this project
20th July 2018
Note: This project is fully booked.
Guided Bushwalk, Weed Removal, Seed Collection, Other
More information »
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Centennial Park office on +612 9331 1610 or email email@example.com