Smithfield, 2164, NSW
- Departs from:
- 8:30am at Granville Station (Granville Station Carpark, on the corner of Memorial Drive & Mary St). If you're driving, please contact us to get directions to the site.
- Departure time:
- 8:30am or 9:00am
*** PLEASE NOTE: If there is 1 vacancy remaining on the project, and you are having trouble booking on, OR, if the project appears fully booked, but you can make your own way to and from the worksite, please contact us at email@example.com to finalise your booking. Thanks! ***
The Cumberland Council section of Prospect Creek has been recognised as having a high conservation significance due to the presence of endangered ecological communities, regionally significant flora species and its value as a wildlife corridor. Come along and celebrate Clean Up Australia Day 2020 with us and help us to restore Prospect Creek!
We are working in partnership with Cumberland Council to provide the opportunity for locals to become involved in the enhancement and protection of the endangered River Flat Eucalypt Forest ecological community. Our work will focus on maintenance of previously planted native vegetation, weed identification and removal, planting of native plants, flora and fauna surveying, habitat construction and water monitoring to improve the health of this vital corridor.
Morning tea will be provided, but bring your own lunch and enjoy a picnic!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Granville Station for each project
- Please wear sturdy boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt & hat. Bring lunch, snacks and a water bottle.
- Dont worry, no previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out
- The project day will finish at 2:30pm on site.
Join this project
There are currently no upcoming dates for this project.Find another project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Randwick office on +612 9331 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org