Mosman 2088, NSW
- Departs from:
- 8.00am Central Station, Outside Countrylink, near taxi rank. 9.00am Car park at Bradleys Head Mast, end of Bradleys Head Rd. Parking fees apply.
- Departure time:
Join our conservation teams at beautiful Sydney Harbour National Park to undertake valuable works for the benefit of the red-crowned toadlet.
The endangered red-crowned toadlet is a species of frog that is only found within the Sydney region. It is threatened by activities such as habitat loss, pollution and the invasion of native habitat by exotic weeds.
The project focuses on hands-on bush re-generation at Bradleys Head, where we will be improving the toadlets native Sydney sandstone woodland habitat by removing invasive exotic weeds.
Other seasonal activities include simple ‘call-back’ monitoring surveys for the toadlets themselves combined with educational bushwalks throughout Sydney Harbour National Park.
These vital conservation endeavours will provide critical habitat and protection as well as enhance and extend existing areas for Red-crowned Toadlets (Pseudophryne australis), improving their chances of breeding success and providing safe and healthy habitat to avoid predators and pollution.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure you book your spot online. Spaces are limited and they do fill up!
- We offer a free pick up and drop off at Central Station for each project.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how and safety info on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out.
Join this project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Centennial Park office on +612 9331 1610 or email email@example.com