- Departs from:
241 Lava Street Warrnambool 3280 Victoria
ph:03 5564 2619
- Departure time:
Activities along the edge of the waterway include:
- herbicide spraying for weeds such as Spiny Rush and thistles
- herbicide cut and paint method using loppers, saws, other hand tools and dabbers to manage woody weeds such as Elm and Desert Ash
- brush cutting grassy weeds such as Phalaris sp.
- hand pulling weeds and tidying garden beds
- mulching garden beds
- planting indigenous species come Springtime when the weather is suitable
Come and try out volunteering with us for a day! Guaranteed you will meet new people and learn something new about the environment, at the same time just being able to get out and enjoy the outdoors!
Join this project
Conservation Volunteers Australia is Australasia's leading conservation volunteer organisation, founded in 1982. We offer conservation programs across Australia which enable volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the Australian environment. Projects take place in urban, regional and remote areas, and include tree planting, seed collection, weed control, flora and fauna surveys, building tracks and trails, fencing, and heritage restoration. See below for details of one of our conservation projects, or search for projects near you.
For more information, or for help with your booking, please contact the Warrnambool office on 03 5564 2619 or email Warrnambool@conservationvolunteers.com.au